TikTok is a popular social media app that allows users to watch, create and share short-form video ranges between 15 seconds to 10 minutes as per desired.
Basically, TikTok was launched by a Chinese company ByteDance in 2016 and now this app is notable for its addictive quality and high level of engagement of audience throughout the whole world.
Facts about TikTok:
- TikTok app is now available over 150 countries and regions.
- TikTok app has now 1 billion viewer active viewers throughout the world in a single day.
- TikTok is the mostly downloaded app throughout the world because its endless stream of entertainment.
- TikTok is values over $200 billion.
Some Key Features of TikTok:
TikTok uses an algorithm to personalize your “for you” field on TikTok to show you content according to your interest. Basically, when you create a TikTok account TikTok app ask your interest and favorites to personalize the “for you” field for you. This is also based on your past viewing videos, like and shares.
TikTok allows to create short videos ranges between 15 seconds to 10 minutes. The short and engaging nature of TikTok videos make them perfect and quick dose of entertainment. creative tools: TikTok app provide many kinds of creative tools to enhance the quality of your videos like it provide with a variety of filters, effect. Transitions and also text overlays.
TikTok app is famous throughout the world for its trending challenges which often involve music, comedy, cooking, haircare, skincare, travelling and vlogs etc.
TikTok app is now popular among people of all ages. TikTok app has large numbers of active viewers and creators throughout the world. Feature of TikTok app make it’s a platform to connect with large community and people all over the world to share your interest with them.
TikTok facilitates its users to interact with their audience or followers in real-time, and give them live sessions, group talks, and informative information through life streaming.
duet and collaborations
TikTok allows its users to make duet and collaboration with other users on this platform.
TikTok “for you” Settings
TikTok “for you” setting refers to a variety of settings that based on which type of content will be shown on your “for you” page when you open the TikTok app. Here is an overview of all essentials settings to get viral, trending and discover new content mentioned below:
By setting up the content preferences according to your interest you can discover a diverse array of content you are interested in, this will keep you on the cutting edge of what’s hot on this platform nowadays. So don’t be shy! Start following accounts that catch your eyes.
Filter-Out Harmful Content:
You can filter-out disturbing content through the content preferences setting. by reporting harmful content, the reported content will be restricted from your feed. The best method is to add specific keywords to the preferences. Consequently, TikTok algorithm will filter out videos with those tags and keywords. By doing so, you will be able to make your TikTok experience even more pleasant enjoyable.
This is most important general setting you should apply as soon as possible when you create a new account on TikTok app. This setting allows to control your TikTok account for your privacy like “who can see your posts”, “who can interact you” on TikTok. This settings includes activity status, suggesting of account to other users,, messaging from followers, your time-line story, downloads of your uploaded videos, likes videos etc.
TikTok video “For You” Setting
For the optimization of your recently uploaded video for the “For You” page on TikTok. You have to do several key settings and strategies mentioned below:
- Video Length: The reach of your video to “For You” page depend upon the length of your uploaded video. Shorter video approximately 15 second to 30 seconds tends to perform better to “For You” page. Try your vest to make your content more concise and impactful to your viewers.
- Video Quality: The quality of your video has a great effect to make your videos to reach to “For You” page. You can improve the quality of your video by using proper lightening, adding background music. If you are shooting a Voice-Over video with Image transitions also try to enhance your voice to achieve best results. You can also use editing software for
- Engaging Hook: You should grab the attention of your audience in the first few seconds of recorded video. You should use a captivate intro, exciting video content and add surprising elements to video.
- Trending Topics: You should find out most searching and trending topics on TikTok and then try to cover these topics. You should discover trending hashtags, challenges and audience interest to make your video to reach to “For You” page.
- Encourage Viewers: Try to encourage your followers and new viewers to engage with your videos by promoting them through like, share, comment and follow more content.
- Title and Description: Use an eye-catching title of your video. The description of your video should be enough to understand the crux of your uploaded video. You should use relevant keywords and phrases in this regard.
- Hashtags: To improve the discoverability of your uploaded video on TikTok you should research mix of popular and niche hashtags relevant to your video. You should add at least 30 hashtags to reach your video to your audience “For You” page.
- Thumbnail Image: The thumbnail of your video should be eye-catching and impressive to catch the attention of your followers and viewers.
- Privacy setting: Make sure your account should be public to reach to great audience. Your uploaded video also set to be public to be visible and searchable by everyone throughout the world.
- Country and language: Before uploading a video on TikTok you should select the country and language to target your desired audience throughout the world.
- Text and overlays: Try to add captions to your video for more accessibility and engagement of your followers and audience. Highlight main key points of your content to grab the attention of audience.
- Post Regularly: Try to maintain regular post momentum to grab the attention of your viewers and keep them regularly get in touch with you through your videos. Continuously post videos to stay tunned and to stay fresh in viewer’s mind.
- Respond to Comments: Interact with your followers and audience by quickly responding to their comments by texting them or quick reactions and emojis.
- Run Contest and Giveaways: Encourage attention and participation of your TikTok followers and new audience by running contest and giveaways related to your videos.
- Collaboration with other Creators: Contact and collaboration with other creators who are creating and uploading content same to videos or covering different topic can increase the reach of your videos to great audience and also can expose your content to “For You” page of new audience.
Additional Tips and Tricks:
- Analyze Performance: After uploading your videos on TikTok you should keep an eye on performance monitoring of your uploaded videos. Track your video analytics to understand
the catch the attention of your audience and also identify the areas of improvement for future videos.
- Optimize Upload Time: Firstly before uploading any video you should find out the peak time of your audience per followers and try to upload your video on this peak time when maximum of your followers are active on TikTok app.
- Utilize TikTok Ads: Consider running appropriate ads in order to boost your video’s reach and beyond the organic search.
How to make your videos Viral on TikTok?
There are several strategies you can do to make your uploaded video viral on
TikTok in 2023 mentioned below:
✓ Your video content should be original, interesting and quickly catch the attention of the audience. You can add humour, offer value or something unexpected.
✓ Participate in popular trends and challenges to gain greater visibility.
✓ Discover and use relevant hashtags to reach your video to broader audience.
✓ Share your TikTok content to other social media platforms.
✓ Use tending sound and background music to appeal to a wide audience.
How does TikTok Algorithm Work?
TikTok algorithm is a complex system that work beyond to manage your “For You” page. Firstly, TikTok algorithm understand user signals. Likes, comments, watch time and rating of a video are indicators of user interactions and interest for the video. Usually, the video with high engagements is most likely to be shown to great audience.
Secondly, video covering the trending topics and popular sounds are more likely to recommend to others.
How to Discover New Content You’ll Love on TikTok?
Discovering new things, you’ll love can be an exciting adventure. You can explore the discover page and can also use search bar to find specific features. You can also follow creators you like. Hashtags categorize content and help you to find the videos according to your interest on TikTok app